WINDOW TREATMENT SOLUTIONS for the South Florida Environment
As an interior designer in Fort Lauderdale located near the beach, I am constantly aware of the impact of the light and heat exposure of the sun. And, as an interior designer in South Florida, I provide unique and effective solutions for managing the intense light and heat that enters our homes.
Window treatment solutions require additional consideration in South Florida. The sunshine and warm, tropical climate that brought each of us here to make Fort Lauderdale our home, needs to be managed to avoid potential damage to ourselves, our homes, and our home furnishings. The right window treatments throughout your home will not only enhance its look, but will protect your furnishings, fabrics, and artwork from the intense light and heat of the South Florida sun.
Your Options: Blinds, Draperies, and Plantation Shutters
With my experience designing window treatments, I’ll help you decide which window treatments provide the best solution for one or every window in your home. Whether a window, sliding, or French door, remember that you may wish to implement a variety of different window treatment styles throughout your home depending on the needs of each of your rooms: motorized shades for the wall of sliding doors, fabric drapery panels for the dining room, and roman blinds for the Florida room.
Advantages of Different Window Treatments Appropriate for South Florida
Blinds and Shades:
- Variety of styles, materials and fabrics
- Range of light-filtering to black-out blind fabric weights
- Effective solution for eliminating reflection off of television screens
- Remote control operating systems available
- Customize to fit wide windows and sliding doors
- Installations available that make some styles appear to disappear when raised (i.e., great solution for maximizing views from massive picture windows or sliding doors)
- Cool and casual to formal and elegant
- Splash of color in any room
- Extensive choice of fabrics
- Multiple hardware options
- Manual or motorized (some controlled remotely!) operation
- Budget-friendly solutions
- Tropical look
- Block light
- Block heat
- Provide privacy
- Easy to operate
- Louvers tilt to regulate sunlight and airflow
- Custom painted to match your decor
- Available for manufacture to fit most any window size and shape
Since so many choices exist when considering options for window treatments, hiring a professional window treatment designer reduces the risk of costly errors.
An effective window treatment design begins with several questions. Every client and every room requires a unique window treatment solution. An effective and attractive design starts with assessing and gathering the appropriate information to provide just the right window treatment for every room in your home.
When designing window treatments, we’ll consider the following for each room:
- Contents – How does direct sunlight effect fabrics and finishes?
- Function – Does the master bedroom require blackout shades for sleeping? Does the living room need a combination of roller shades and draperies to ensure privacy at night?
- Visibility – Can passersby see directly into the room or is located toward the back of the home out of sight?
- Windows – Are they accessible so that you can operate cords and pulls easily?
If you need great window treatment solutions for your home, please call me at (978) 727-5805 or contact me through my contact form. I look forward to working with you soon.
I provide interior design services and design window treatment solutions for condos and homes in the following Fort Lauderdale, Florida neighborhoods: North Beach, Victoria Park, Sunrise Key, Las Olas (and Las Olas Isles), Idylwild, Sunset Lake, Harbour Inlet, Oakland Park, and Wilton Manors, to name just a few.
DO YOU WANT TO GET STARTED ON YOUR PROJECT?